00.2 Starter Japanese 1-2 (JF Standard A1)
*This class will be conducted online via Zoom.
Learn useful expressions and basic phrases in everyday contexts such as talking about yourself, family, food, residence, daily routine, schedule, hobbies, etc. Katakana and basic kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. Japanese culture will also be introduced throughout the course. This class is suitable for those who have completed Starter Japanese 1-1 (JF Standard A1) or equivalent and can read hiragana words.
［Prerequisite］ You are expected to:
- have completed Starter Japanese 1-1 (JF Standard A1) or equivalent
- be able to read hiragana words
- be able to give greetings and use basic daily phrases
- be able to talk about where you are from, what you do, what food you like, etc. using basic phrases
［Goals］ Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- talk about such topics as yourself, family, food, residence, daily routine, schedule, hobbies, etc.
- read short, simple phrases and sentences such as someone’s self-introduction, schedule, invitation, restaurant menu, etc.
- write short, simple phrases and sentences about yourself, your family, residence, hobbies, etc.
- read and write hiragana and katakana words related to the topics
- recognize approximately 20 basic kanji characters and related words such as numbers and days of the week, etc.
Emi KikuchiBA in Japanese Literature from Jissen Women's Univ. She has been teaching at the New School, Hunter College and the City College of New York.
|Lesson fee||$300 (10 lessons ) ※Text -Marugoto: Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook for communicative language activities - Japanese Language Study Book|
Starter Japanese 1-2 (JF Standard A1) (Thursday) 18:00～19:30
|Schedule||2020/6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13|