6 Intermediate Japanese 2-2 (JF Standard B1)
This course is designed for students to gain skills to communicate with some confidence on both routine and non-routine matters and express thoughts on more abstract topics. The main topics will be talking about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and giving/asking for advice about what play to see. Through various types of materials, students will work on communicating in both spoken and written language. Kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant vocabulary, expressions and grammar will be introduced and practiced.
［Prerequisite］ You are expected to:
- have completed Intermediate Japanese 1-1 (JF Standard B1) or equivalent.
- be able to use a wide range of simple language to deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling, and enter unprepared into conversation on familiar topics.
- be able to express personal opinions and exchange information on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life.
- be able to recognize significant points in straightforward newspaper articles, blog entries etc. on familiar subjects.
- be able to compose a piece of writing such as a blog entry describing events, experiences, and feelings with a certain degree of detail.
- be able to use grammar patterns associated with everyday situations reasonably accurately.
- be able to read and understand approximately 500 kanji and related vocabulary used in everyday context.
［Goals］ Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as healthy lifestyle, going to see plays, etc.
- read and understand the main points of authentic texts such as online health guides and question-and-answer websites (e.g. Yahoo! Answers), etc.
- write sentences such as emails, blog entries, etc. including some detail.
- read and understand approximately 50 words written in kanji covered by the topics.
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$400 10 lessons|
Intermediate Japanese 2-2 (JF Standard B1) (Monday) 18:30～20:30
|Schedule||2020/1/13, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/24, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23, 3/30|