5 Pre-Intermediate Japanese 3 (JF Standard A2/B1)
This course is designed to develop conversational skills and grammatical accuracy while reviewing the contents of A2 classes. Topics include familiar problems in one’s life, traveling, finding a job, etc. , etc. Kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. Japanese culture will be an important thread throughout the course.
［Prerequisite］ You are expected to:
- have completed Elementary Japanese 2-4 (JF Standard A2) or equivalent
- be able to interact on such topics as living or working conditions, daily routines, likes/dislikes, plans, personal experiences, etc. in simple phrases and sentences
- be able to understand short, simple texts on familiar matters which consist of high frequency everyday language
- be able to write a series of simple phrases and sentences linked with simple connectors like ‘and’, ‘but’, etc.
- be able to use simple grammar and structures, though still might make some mistakes
- be able to read and understand approximately 250 kanji characters and relative words related to the daily topics
［Goals］ Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as problems in one’s life, traveling, finding a job, etc.
- read short, simple texts such as emails, blog entries, etc.
- read approximately 30 kanji words related to the topics
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 lessons $ 300 (textbook fee $ 30)|
Pre-Intermediate Japanese 3 (JF Standard A2/B1) (Thursdays) 18:30-20:00
|Schedule||2020/1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/5, 3/12, 3/26, 4/2|