4 Elementary Japanese 2-3 (JF Standard A2)
This course targets developing skills to interact in everyday and common situations encountered at work and leisure. Topics include internet shopping, customs of holidays/life events such as New Year and wedding, explaining the history of a certain town, etc. Kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. Japanese culture will be an important thread throughout the course.
［Prerequisite］ You are expected to:
- have completed Elementary Japanese 2-1 (JF Standard A2) and Elementary Japanese 2-2 (JF Standard A2) or equivalent
- be able to talk about your/other people’s everyday life, work, hobbies, experience, etc.
- be able to express your opinions, quote what someone said, and modify a noun using short (plain) forms of verbs, adjectives and nouns
- be able to handle simple expressions of numbers, quantities, costs and time
- be able to read and understand simple brief texts written in hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to write simple phrases and sentences about your everyday life using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to read and understand approximately 200 kanji characters and relative words related to the daily topics
［Goals］ Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as internet shopping, holidays/life events, history of a town, etc.
- read short, simple texts such as emails, a flyer, comments on an internet shopping site, etc.
- write short, simple sentences such as email to recommend an item to a friend, description of famous sites in your town, etc.
- read and understand approximately 50 words written in kanji covered by the topics
Yoko SakuraiMs. Sakurai received her MA in Applied Linguistics and Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu University in Tokyo. She is accredited by the “Society for Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language” in Japan. She taught Japanese in Tokyo from 2002 to 2006, and since 2007 she has been a Japanese lecturer at institutions in NY, including Hunter College, Fashion Institute of Technology, The New School, Pace University, and other private language schools. She has been teaching at The Nippon Club since January 2012, when we launched as The JF Japanese Language Course, which was provided collaboratively by The Japan Foundation and The Nippon Club. She is a certified American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, Oral Proficiency Interview (ACTFL OPI) tester.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 Lessons textbook fee$25|
Elementary Japanese 2-3 (JF Standard A2) (Wednesdays) 18:00-19:30
|Schedule||2020/1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4, 3/11, 3/25|