3 Elementary Japanese 2-1 (JF Standard A2)
This course targets developing skills to interact in everyday and common situations encountered at work and leisure. Topics include meeting new friends, dining out, etc. Kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. Japanese culture will be an important thread throughout the course.
[Prerequisite] You are expected to:
- have completed Elementary Japanese 1-4 (JF Standard A2) or equivalent
- be able to talk about your/other people’s everyday life, work, hobbies, experience, etc.
- be able to express your opinions, quote what someone said, and modify a noun using short (plain) forms of verbs, adjectives and nouns
- be able to handle simple expressions of numbers, quantities, costs and time
- be able to read and understand simple brief texts written in hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to write simple phrases and sentences about your everyday life using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to read and understand approximately 200 kanji characters and relative words related to the daily topics.
[Goals] Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as how people look, recommended restaurants and dishes, etc.
- read short, simple texts such as emails, reviews on restaurants, etc.
- write short, simple sentences such as emails, restaurants reviews, etc.
- read and understand approximately 50 words written in kanji covered by the topics
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 lessons (textbook fee $ 25)|
Elementary Japanese 2-1 (JF Standard A2) (Tuesday) 18:30-20:00
|Schedule||2020/1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24|