5 B1-2 Intermediate Japanese Topic A
Develop skills to communicate with confidence and express thoughts on a variety of subjects such as one’s personality and making plans for a day-trip with friends. This class is suitable for those who can exchange information and express opinions on familiar topics, can write about events, experiences, and feelings with a certain degree of detail and read and understand approximately 500 kanji.
You are expected to:
– be able to use a wide range of simple language to deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling, and enter unprepared into conversation on familiar topics.
– be able to express personal opinions and exchange information on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life.
– be able to recognize significant points in straightforward newspaper articles, blog entries etc. on familiar subjects.
– be able to compose a piece of writing such as a blog entry describing events, experiences, and feelings with a certain degree of detail.
– be able to use grammar patterns associated with everyday situations reasonably accurately.
– be able to read and understand approximately 500 kanji and related vocabulary used in everyday context
Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
– interact on such topics as someone’s personality, plan for a trip, etc.
– read and understand the main points of authentic texts such as community newsletters, sightseeing guides on website, etc.
– write sentences such as emails, blog entries, etc. including some detail.
– read and understand approximately 50 kanji characters and related words covered by the topics
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$400 10 lessons (textbook fee $ 40)|
B1-2 Intermediate Japanese Topic A (Monday) 18:30～20:30
|Schedule||2019/9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/18, 11/25|