02 A2-1(4) Elementary Japanese
Develop skills to interact in everyday and common situations encountered at work and leisure (e.g. healthy living, celebrating your friend’s birthday etc.). This class is suitable for those who have completed JF A2-1(1) through A2-1(3) Elementary Japanese or equivalent and can read and write simple sentences using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji.
You are expected to:
- have completed JF A2-2(1), A2-2(2) and A2-2(3) Elementary Japanese or equivalent
- be able to talk about your/other people’s everyday life, work, hobbies, experience, etc.
- be able to express your opinions, quote what someone said, and modify a noun using short (plain) forms of verbs, adjectives and nouns
- be able to handle simple expressions of numbers, quantities, costs and time
- be able to read and understand simple brief texts written in hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to write simple phrases and sentences about your everyday life using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to read and understand approximately 200 kanji characters and relative words related to the daily topics
Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as eco-friendly lifestyle, your/famous people’s lives, etc.
- read short, simple texts such as emails, text messages, questionnaires about environmental issues, etc.
- write short, simple sentences on topics like what you do to preserve the environment, big life events, etc.
- read and understand approximately 50 kanji characters and related words covered by the topics
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 lessons (textbook fee $ 25)|
A2-1(4) Elementary Japanese (Tuseday) 18:30-20:00
|Schedule||2019/9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19|