4 A2/B1 (2) Pre-Intermediate Japanese
Develop skills to interact in everyday and common situations encountered at work and leisure (e.g. meeting new friends, dining out, asking for advice about a trip, etc.). This class is suitable for those who have completed JF A2-1, A2-2 and A2-3 Elementary Japanese or equivalent and can read and write simple sentences using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji.
You are expected to:
- have completed JF A2-1, A2-2 and A2-3 Elementary Japanese or equivalent
- be able to talk about your/other people’s everyday life, work, hobbies, experience, etc.
- be able to express your opinions, quote what someone said, and modify a noun using short (plain) forms of verbs, adjectives and nouns
- be able to handle simple expressions of numbers, quantities, costs and time
- be able to read and understand simple brief texts written in hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to write simple phrases and sentences about your everyday life using hiragana, katakana and basic kanji
- be able to read and understand approximately 200 kanji characters and relative words related to the daily topics
Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- interact on such topics as how people look, recommended restaurants and dishes, travel advice, etc.
- read short, simple texts such as emails, reviews on restaurants or guided tours, etc.
- write short, simple sentences such as emails, restaurants reviews, comments on a guided tour, etc.
- read and understand approximately 50 kanji characters and related words covered by the topics
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 lessons (textbook fee $ 30)|
A2/B1 (2) Pre-Intermediate Japanese (Thursday) 19:40-21:10
|Schedule||2019/9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14|