1 A1(3) Introductory Japanese
Learn useful expressions and phrases in everyday contexts such as talking about events, holidays, shopping, transportation, etc. Basic kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. This class is suitable for those who have completed A1 (1) and A1 (2) Introductory Japanese or equivalent and can read and write hiragana and katakana words.
You are expected to:
– have completed JF A1(1) and A1(2) Introductory Japanese or equivalent
– be able to read and write hiragana and katakana words
– be able to talk about yourself, what you do, where you live, your family, food you like, daily routine etc., using simple verb phrases
– be able to read short, simple phrases and sentences such as someone’s self-introduction, schedule, invitation, restaurant menu, etc.
– be able to write short, simple phrases and sentences about yourself, your family, residence, etc.
– be able to recognize approximately 20 kanji characters and related words such as numbers and days of the week, etc.
Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
– talk about such topics as events, holidays, shopping, transportation, etc.
– read short, simple phrases and sentences such as an event calendar, a shopping list, blogs about weekend activities, etc.
– write short, simple phrases and sentences about your weekend activities, etc.
– read and understand approximately 30 basic kanji characters and related words such as simple verbs and adjectives
Yoko SakuraiMA in Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language from Ochanomizu Univ. She previously taught Japanese in Tokyo and at FIT, Pace Univ. and LaGuardia Community College.
|Lesson fee||$300 10 lessons (textbook fee $ 25)|
A1(3) Introductory Japanese (Thursday) 18:00-19:30
|Schedule||2019/9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5|