2 【ONLINE】Starter Japanese 1-3 (JF Standard A1)
*This class will be conducted online via Zoom.
Learn useful expressions and basic phrases in everyday contexts such as talking about events, holidays, shopping, transportation, etc. Basic kanji words related to the topics as well as relevant grammar and vocabulary will be introduced and practiced. Japanese culture will be an important thread throughout the course
［Prerequisite］ You are expected to:
- have completed Starter Japanese 1-2 (JF Standard A1) or equivalent
- be able to read and write hiragana and katakana words
- be able to talk about yourself, what you do, where you live, your family, food you like, daily routine etc., using simple verb phrases
- be able to read short, simple phrases and sentences such as someone’s self-introduction, schedule, invitation, restaurant menu, etc.
- be able to write short, simple phrases and sentences about yourself, your family, residence, etc.
- be able to recognize approximately 20 kanji characters and related words such as numbers and days of the week, etc.
［Goals］ Upon successful completion of this class, you will be able to:
- talk about such topics as events, holidays, shopping, transportation, etc.
- read short, simple phrases and sentences such as an event calendar, a shopping list, blogs about weekend activities, etc.
- write short, simple phrases and sentences about your weekend activities, etc.
- read and understand approximately 30 basic kanji characters and related words such as simple verbs and adjectives
Emi KikuchiBA in Japanese Literature from Jissen Women's Univ. She has been teaching at the New School, Hunter College and the City College of New York.
|Lesson fee||$300 (10-レッスン) ※Text -Marugoto: Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook for communicative language activities - Japanese Language Study Book|
Starter Japanese 1-3 (JF Standard A1) （木曜日) 18:30~20:00
|Schedule||2020/9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19|